The dell precision 5530 also referred to as a mobile workstation is a high-end device packed with a lot of great features. It is very lightweight (about 2kg) and a slim device designed to give you the best experience. Although the Dell precision laptop is not a gaming device, it’s features are more than enough for an average user. The battery capacity is at 97Wh which means you can get up to 7 hours uptime time for normal day to day activities. Dell Precision 5530 review for 2020.
In terms of display, the Dell precision 5530 features a 15.6-inch display very similar to the XPS 15 laptop. It is designed primarily for 3D rendering video rendering and high-end workstation loads. If you are a videographer, graphics designer, user interface designer, then this laptop is best suited for you. It also comes with a fingerprint sensor, which is located at the power button.
The Workstation laptop comes with 32GB RAM and 1TB. It also has support for an additional storage device up-to 3TB SSD. Which is pretty good considering the price. It is powered by Intel’s Core i9 processor and operates on Windows 10 Pro. It also comes with Linux OS which can be installed using Ubuntu. This is done using the command prompt interface, but that’s not how to focus on this post.
Creating a strong yet portable 15-inch mobile workstation isn’t easy. It must be tough and robust to survive tons of travel, yet light enough to be transportable regularly. Dell has done what it can to face this difficult circle.
The build is hard and solid — I used to be unable to bow the lid in my hands, for instance, and therefore the base feels even as solidly made. Still, it’s to be noted that the Precision 5530 is pretty weighty at 2kg, and quite bulky at 354 x 235 x 16mm. Add a protective sleeve and you will need a sizable backpack or bag to hold it.
The slimness of the Dell precision 5530 mobile workstation is it’s the most priced feature, considering the high-end features packed on the device.
Revolutionary thermals: This cooling system features dual fans, designed to enhance airflow and keep your system cool under heavy workloads. It boosts up faster than ever, you can launch your most-used files and applications during a flash with optional Intel® Optane™ memory. It can adapt to user needs, it preloads and boosts frequently used applications and files, providing better responsiveness without compromising storage capacity.
Day to day activities is up to twice as responsive with its Intel® Optane™ memory. Note that this feature is highly optional and depends solely on the user. Check out the key features of the device.
Specifications and Price of Dell Precision 5530
- Processor: Intel Xeon E-2176M
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA Quadro P2000 – 4096 MB, Core: 1215 MHz, Memory: 2002 MHz, GDDR5, Optimus
- Memory: 32768 MB, PC4-21300 / DDR4-2666
- Display: 15.6 inch 16:9, 3840 x 2160 pixel 282 PPI, 10-point multitouch, Sharp SHP148D / LQ156D1, IGZO, glossy: yes
- Mainboard: Intel CM246
- Storage: SK Hynix PC400 512 GB, 475 GB free
- Sound Card: Intel Cannon Lake-H/S – Cavs (Audio, Voice, Speech)
- Connections: 2 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 USB 3.1 Gen2, 1 Thunderbolt, 1 HDMI, 1 Display: Port, 1 Kensington Lock, Audio Connections: Headset (combo mic/audio), Card Reader: Half-sized SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Reader, 1 Fingerprint Reader, Brightness Sensor
- Networking: Intel Wireless-AC 9260 (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4/ac = Wi-Fi 5), Bluetooth 4.2
- Size: height x width x depth (in mm): 16.82 x 357 x 235.3 ( = 0.66 x 14.06 x 9.26 in)
- Battery: 97 Wh Lithium-Ion
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
- Camera: Webcam: HD
- Additional features:
- Speakers: 2x 2 W
- Keyboard: Chiclet, Keyboard
- Light: yes, USB-C to Ethernet, 12 Months Warranty
- Weight: 1.98 kg ( = 69.84 oz / 4.37 pounds),
- Power Supply: 428 g ( = 15.1 oz / 0.94 pounds)
- Price: 3500 USD
The Dell Precision 5530 sits during a unique space within the laptop world. While it uses similar components to mid-range workstations, it fits them into a case almost like ultrabooks. As such, we can compare the Precision 5530 to a spread of other workstations. It is now becoming a trend for some manufacturers, they have adopted the “thin-and-light” design language and translated it to their workstation lines with varying success. These include the Lenovo ThinkPad P52s and therefore the MSI WS63VR.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
In this post, we have reviewed the Dell precision 5530 Workstation Laptop. If you are looking for a laptop to handle your numerous workloads, then the Dell precision is the perfect option for you. The advantage of this device is that it is thin and lightweight with a Formidable six-core Xeon horsepower and Gorgeous 4K touch screen. The downside is that it is relatively expensive with unusable webcam placement. No middle button (or any buttons) on the touchpad and the device has only one Thunderbolt 3 port. What do you think about this device?