The Sigma Awards, now in their third year, honor the greatest data journalism from across the world.
It’s also here to help the global community of data journalists by empowering, elevating, and enlightening them.
We aim to support the international data journalism community while it faces various hurdles. T
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
his year’s Sigma Awards will focus on recognizing the greatest data journalism initiatives related to the epidemic (and creating an international database of such projects), as well as those related to politics, sports, and the environment.
Entries must be for work that will be published in the year 2021.
- Please use our online form to submit your entries.
- To be eligible, entries must be submitted by January 7, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Applicants are free to submit as many projects as they like.
- Where applicable, entries should specify whether they are a major or small newsroom or an individual. Small newsrooms are ones with 35 or fewer journalists (including regular freelancers/contractors), or an equivalent number of journalists (eg, two half-time freelancers count as one person.)
- Organizations that do not meet this description but believe they belong in the small newsroom category may request an exception by writing a letter from the editor-in-chief to Marianne Bouchart, executive director, at [email protected], stating their reasoning.
- Collaborative projects should be categorized as a huge newsroom.
- Entering organizations offer The Sigma Awards permission to use their entry materials, including their name and logo, on The Sigma Awards website and other marketing materials related to the awards.
- For all members of the data journalism community, 2021 has been a memorable year, and we anticipate receiving a great number of entries addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we’d want to emphasize that any data journalism project, regardless of topic, is eligible to compete.
The winners will share a cash reward of $5,000 USD. Winners and citations will receive a certificate as well as invitations to speak at one of our events.
How to apply
For more information and how to apply, click here
January 7th, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET