Are you looking for a way to insert a sim card on your new Huawei P20 Lite smartphone? I know how challenging that can be for some people especially if the old device you have been using is different in terms of inserting a sim card. In this post, I will be sharing a quick tutorial on how to put a sim card in Huawei P20 Lite phone.
In my previous post, I shared how to insert a sim card into a Huawei P9 Lite phone, if you are interested in checking that out. Inserting a Sim card into some phones seems to be a pain in the a*s for some people. But hopefully, after this post, you will see how easy it can be.
Huawei P20 Lite is a mid-range device similar to the Huawei P20 in size but the features have been downgraded to make it more affordable for people looking for a budget device. Before sharing the tip on how to put a sim card in Huawei P20 Lite phone, let’s first take a few seconds to review the important features of the device.
Huawei P20 Lite Key Features
- 5.84-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2244 (432 PPI)
- EMUI 8.1 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 CPU with 4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB built-in storage, up to 256GB with a memory card
- Dual 16MP + 2MP rear camera and a 16MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- 3, 000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
Now that we are caught up with the features of the device, let us get back to the main reason for this post, which is how to put a sim card in Huawei P20 Lite smartphone.
How to Put a Sim Card in Huawei P20 Lite
The only requirement to achieve this is the sim ejector tool, but a needle or a small pin can suffice. Once you get the needed resources proceed to follow the steps below. You may need to turn off your phone or turn on airplane mode before going through this process.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
- The sim area is located on the top left side of the Huawei P20 Lite phone. Locate the sim section and insert the sim ejector tool on the small hole to pull out the sim tray.
- The sim tray will be pulled out.
- Insert the sim into the sim tray (Note that both sim cards has to be a nano sim). If yours is not a nano sim, you can trim it down or visit a GSM repair store to help you with the process.
- Once you have both nano-sim, inset into the sim tray
- Reinsert the sim tray into the phone
- Turn on the phone or turn off airplane mode if that is what you used.
There you have it, your new Huawei P20 Lite device is now ready to be used for calls and browsing.
After following the steps listed on this tutorial, by now you should know how to put a sim card in Huawei P20 Lite. Putting a sim card can be very challenging, but the fun part about this is that once you learn how to insert a sim in a device, it is pretty much the same steps for most modern smartphones.